Billy D. Anderson Shareholder
Billy D. Anderson is an AV-rated lawyer with more than 20 years experience litigating and representing clients in a broad range of disputes. His practice has been primarily devoted to general litigation, insurance defense, toxic torts, professional liability, oil and gas, and eminent domain. He has jury trial experience in state and federal courts and before state administrative agencies in the areas of contract claims, toxic torts, and commercial and business torts, including the Deceptive Trade Practices Act, premises liability, and general negligence. Mr. Anderson has represented numerous real estate agents and home inspectors against claims made by homeowners. Additionally, Mr. Anderson has represented governmental entities, gas utilities and common carriers in the planning, construction, and eminent domain phases of pipeline and highway projects.
- Represented oil and gas operators in Rusk County, Texas against Lessor in title dispute arising out of the interpretation of granting and reservation language of 1948 and 1962 deeds. Obtained declaratory judgment in favor of clients.
- Represented Lessor in Wood County, Texas against fraud claim and a declaratory judgment action filed by prior Lessee on issue of lease termination. Obtained judgment on behalf of Lessor.
- Represented seller of oil and gas properties through clearinghouse oil and gas asset auction against claims made in Upshur County, Texas by purchaser and subsequent purchasers. Obtained Agreed Judgment of no liability or damages.
- Represented Real Estate Agent in DTPA claim filed by purchaser in Henderson County, Texas. Obtained dismissal.
- Represented investor in fraud and breach of contract claim against homebuilder in Smith County. Obtained judgment in favor of investor.
- Represented seller of multiple commercial properties on breach of contract claim filed by purchasers. Obtained settlement retaining all properties and paid $0 in damages. Obtained settlement funds from third-party defendant.
- Represented naval, electrical and automotive equipment manufacturers in asbestos cases in State District and Multi-District Litigation courts.
- Represented Doctor in medical malpractice wrongful death claim filed in Anderson County, Texas. Obtained a jury verdict of $0 damages.
- Represented driver of vehicle in which trailer came unhooked and struck vehicle head on against claims filed in Angelina County, Texas. Obtained defense verdict from jury.
- Represented Van Zandt County, TX against claims that a county vehicle ran another motorist off the road causing personal injury. Obtained defense verdict from jury.
- Represented pipeline company during planning, acquisition, and eminent domain phases of project from Mount Belview, Texas to Longview, Texas.
- Represented county during eminent domain phase of construction of highway loop.
Areas of Practice
- Professional Liability
- Oil and Gas
- Toxic Torts
- Eminent Domain
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- University of Houston School of Law, Houston, Texas
- University of Oklahoma
- 2001 – Eminent Domain Cases Laws Update
- 1999 – Condemnation and Easements Landowner and Pipeline Owners’ Perspective
Professional Associations and Memberships
- 2002 Present – Kent, Anderson & Bush, P.C., Attorney
- 1999 2002 – Buchanan Kent, P.C., Attorney
- 1992 1999 – Cowles & Thompson, Attorney
- 1985 1992 Exxon Company, USA Landman/Royalty Owner Relations
- Rose Capital Little League Baseball
- Coach for Starters Basketball and Upwards Football