David J. Bush Shareholder
David J. Bush is an AV rated lawyer with more than 20 years experience in litigation and arbitration as well as business transactions and business organizations. He has represented clients in state and federal trial courts and state and federal courts of appeal. He has also represented clients in single and multi-panel arbitration proceedings. In addition to litigation and arbitration, David has also been involved in negotiation and preparation of contracts involving significant transactions in the United States and abroad. David’s litigation and arbitration experience includes contract disputes, construction claims, commercial and business torts, employment law, general negligence and professional liability.
- Represented oil and gas exploration company in successful defense of breach of contract claim.
- Represented real estate developer defending fraud, negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract claims. Jury returned a zero verdict for developer.
- Represented insurance agency in arbitration proceeding to obtain damages and a permanent injunction against former officers of agency.
- Represented EPC Contractor in arbitration of disputes arising out of the design and construction of an oil processing plant; Obtained a $6,959,372.83 Arbitration Award in favor of client.
- Represented general contractor in defending breach of contract and negligent construction claims.
- Represented a pipeline contractor in defense of claims of damage to property during construction of pipeline. After discovery, all lawsuits settled for less than defense costs.
- Represented an architect in defense of a breach of contract claim. Obtained a judgment notwithstanding the jury verdict in favor of client.
- Represented Texas corporation in a dissenting shareholder lawsuit in a trial to the bench; favorable judgment was affirmed on appeal.
Areas of Practice
- Business Organizations
- Business Transactions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
J. D. (Cum Laude) 1988
Honors: Baylor Law Review; Order of Barristers
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
B. A. with honors 1984
- ” The Constitutionality of the Charitable Immunity and Liability Act,” 40 Baylor Law Review 657 (1988)