David W. Frost Shareholder
David Frost has significant litigation experience in a broad range of disputes. He has first chair jury trial experience representing clients in state and federal trial courts, and in arbitration proceedings. David’s litigation and arbitration experience includes medical malpractice defense, healthcare facility defense, contract disputes, commercial and business torts, residential and commercial construction claims, mechanics and materialman’s liens, premises liability, general negligence and professional liability.
- Defended a family practice physician in a medical malpractice lawsuit in which plaintiffs made claims of wrongful death following the discharge of patient from hospital after treatment of respiratory complications. A jury trial in Bowie County resulted in a no liability verdict in favor of the defendant physician
- Represented building manufacturer in suit filed in Smith County against general contractor and property owner for breach of contract and to foreclose mechanics and materialman’s lien. Obtained money judgment and order foreclosing mechanics and materialman’s lien.
- Represented an infectious disease physician in medical malpractice lawsuit against allegations of failure to timely diagnose and properly treat mycobacterium infection of knee following knee replacement surgery. A jury trial in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas resulted in a no liability verdict in favor of the defendant physician.
- Defended building manufacturer in Dallas County lawsuit against claims of negligent design and construction of a private prison facility. After filing a motion for summary judgment, a favorable settlement for nuisance value was obtained.
- Defended nursing and rehabilitation facility in Gregg County against claims of wrongful death related to death of young brain damaged resident.
- Defended nursing home in Cass County lawsuit against claims of negligence related to injuries sustained by resident after fall.
Represented residential homebuilder in Smith County against claims of design and construction defects.
- Have filed numerous mechanics and materialman’s liens for construction contractors and have successfully recovered for clients outstanding balances through negotiations with property owners and general contractors.
Area of Practice
- Construction Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Health Care Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) 1997
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
Three-year letterman on Baylor Football team
- 2003 Present – Kent, Anderson & Bush, P.C., Attorney
- 1999 2002 – Buchanan Kent, P.C., Attorney
- 1997 1999 – Cowles & Thompson, Attorney
- 1992 1994 – United States General Accounting Office, Evaluator in National Security, and International Affairs Division
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Smith County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
Community Involvement and Personal Interests
- Coach for Starters Basketball, Upwards Flag Football, and Rose Capital East Baseball
- First Baptist Church, Tyler Member
- Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Hunting and Fishing